Rogue Audio and Audio Research Comparisons

Recently I've purchased a Rogue ST-100 amp and enjoying quite a bit. My personal opinion is it punches way above its price point and in my opinion has a lot of the Audio Research sonic characteristics. Curious has anyone owned both Rogue and ARC and what are your thoughts?  I'm not referring to the current Ref series but the older such as REF110, REF150 and REF75SE.  

Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12

I haven’t heard a Rogue in a while… but the ARC Ref 75se is incredible and quite a legend I think Rogue good, ARC great. 

While I love Rogue and have a couple of their pieces  in my system (RP9 and Stereo 100), the best sound I've personally heard was an ARC 160(?) powering a big pair of Wilsons (was it  Alexx or Chronosonic?) at my dealer.  It was effortless and surreal, as if those mammoth imposing speakers weren't there in the room at all.  I think most would agree that ARC, generally speaking, is a step up from Rogue.  

The Ref160 is no doubt a step up (or 2) however,  I'm just curious in general how much difference is it between the ARC amps I mentioned.  Wish I could afford the 160. 

I've rolled in some Amperex Bugle Boy 12AX7 and Brimar 12au7 and those tubes have definitely increased the performance of the ST-100.  While the stock JJs are decent tubes I thought they were a bit thin sounding.