Too many choices for R2R DACS--opinions appreciated

So I've decided to treat myself to a new DAC to celebrate a rather significant birthday coming up, and I'm very intrigued by the new generation of DACs employing R2R technology. Reviews have been unrelentingly positive, but I have way too many choices now, so I'd appreciate some opinions from any of you who may have had a chance to compare some of them. Price range: about $3K (with some slight headroom if the right DAC warrants it). I've looked at reviews for Audio-GD, Denafrips, Sonnet, and the new one from Jay's Audio (which doesn't yet seem to have any reviews that I can find). 

I'll be replacing a DAC that I actually really like, an Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 (not SE) which I've had for a few years now, but from what I read about the R2Rs, they appear to produce a sound I might like even better. 

Listening preferences: mostly classical, some folk, some Broadway, and I never  totally outgrew my taste for the good ol' rock music I grew up with. 

Rest of the system: Modwright KWI-200 integrated, Cambridge Audio CXU disc spinner, Ryan R610 speakers, Rel S2 sub. Cables: Audience & Cardas. (This all might be a bit TMI, but let's cover all the bases).

Your opinions gratefully received. Thanks!

cooper52

I am having great results with an Audio Note 0.1x coupled to my dCS Network Bridge - this DAC sounds superb - AN have been in the ladder DAC game from the beginning.

@wlutke oh boy I am way behind in my acronyms.  I didn't know that NOS was not really NOS anymore :-)

Has anybody heard the Jay's Audio DAC2-MK3 yet? There is scant information about it so far, and I'd be interested to hear some firsthand experiences. There's one for sale here on Audiogon at a rather tempting price. 

Plus 1 for the Denafrips DAC's I started out with an Aries II.. Absolutely wonderful DAC for the $$. I just upgraded to the Pontus II and cant wait to add it to my system. They seem to offer some of the best products IMO.  

+2 for Denafrips DAC’s. I can’t say enough good things about my Pontus II and the excellent customer service I received from Alvin and his team at Denafrips.