How does the VPI Aries II stand up to current mid priced tables?

I've always loved the elegant look of the Aries but never owned one. Well I have scratched that itch and purchased one right here on Agon and it's en route right now. Seems to be pretty stock with the 10.5 arm and a possible motor upgrade, excellent condition. Has this turntable aged well? All thoughts are welcome.

128x128ozzy62

Evidently VPI has unique ’twist the wire’ anti-skate method

excerpt

"There is no anti-skating control on JMW arms. VPI advises twisting the hookup wire to provide anti-skating."

from this review

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue10/vpiaries.htm

I like dangling weights myself, evidently others do as well

there is this, price very obtainable

check all details, end of description:

"If you have older scout/tonearm combo that has "silver" junction box, new mounting will be needed."

also from elusive disc

I use the blank side of this Hudson alignment disc to 'see' anti-skate, very accurate method.

You just spin the platter by hand while adjusting. 

Enjoy it.

If you get the itch, there's always the Sota/Phoenix speed control upgrade, 3d arm and mentioned Classic platter to add. I think you can just get the controller/tach since you have a current motor.

Antiskate is a never ending argument. I don't hear a difference on my Classic. Perhaps technically, the outer groove is wearing less along with the stylus, but I have other issues to obsess about.

I know you addressed the question to tablejockey, but the answer is emphatically "yes". Phoenix Engineering over VPI ADS.  Tablej will likely agree.

Post removed