After years of separates, I'm going integrated. Anyone else do the same?

I'm rethinking my listening room. I want my audio rack to be more minimalist vs lots of boxes, wires, and clutter. I know separates, in general, will sound better. However, at the level of my system, I'm not certain the difference would be as apparent. In the grand scheme of things of Audiophilia, my level of components are mid-fi at best (BHK Pre, First Watt J2, Elac PPA-2 phono, Pro-ject s2 Dac, ZU Omen Defs)

I'm favoring one of the Luxman Class A's (I know Luxman is getting out of the Class A business. The only way I would favor a built-in Dac is if it were upgradable like McIntosh or Accuphase. I'm guessing a Luxman or Mac built-in phono would sound just as good as to what I have now (Elac PPA-2).

So the question is, who else has gone to integrated? Do you regret the move or are you glad you did?

aberyclark

High on my list would be the Technics SU-R1000. There are several reviews worth looking up

Add me to the list. I switched to a Symphonic Line La Musica integrated with mm/mc phono. I also own a KT88 tube integrated but the SL is special. 

My Sansui AU 7700 is integrated if the switch is "on" and separated if the switch is "off"...

my repairman and all reviews said that the pre-amp section is very good, but anyway i am curious to try it one day with a tube pre-amp Berning Zotl.....

😁😊

Pure curiosity!

I dont need to upgrade but reading all about the Berining ZOTL many years ago made me curious....

I sure did.  I went from a Spectron amp and Zesto preamp for my Martin Logan Summit X electrostatics to the Simaudio Moon 700i integrated.  The Simaudio unit is a match made in heaven for the quirky Summits.  I'll never look back,  . . . maybe.