Too many choices for R2R DACS--opinions appreciated

So I've decided to treat myself to a new DAC to celebrate a rather significant birthday coming up, and I'm very intrigued by the new generation of DACs employing R2R technology. Reviews have been unrelentingly positive, but I have way too many choices now, so I'd appreciate some opinions from any of you who may have had a chance to compare some of them. Price range: about $3K (with some slight headroom if the right DAC warrants it). I've looked at reviews for Audio-GD, Denafrips, Sonnet, and the new one from Jay's Audio (which doesn't yet seem to have any reviews that I can find). 

I'll be replacing a DAC that I actually really like, an Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 (not SE) which I've had for a few years now, but from what I read about the R2Rs, they appear to produce a sound I might like even better. 

Listening preferences: mostly classical, some folk, some Broadway, and I never  totally outgrew my taste for the good ol' rock music I grew up with. 

Rest of the system: Modwright KWI-200 integrated, Cambridge Audio CXU disc spinner, Ryan R610 speakers, Rel S2 sub. Cables: Audience & Cardas. (This all might be a bit TMI, but let's cover all the bases).

Your opinions gratefully received. Thanks!

cooper52

R2R Is the most "musical....You have all good choices. Denafrips makes you forget about your gear and just enjoy the music. Beautiful....

I really love my R2R DAC Rockna Wavedream XLR Sig, but it is out of your budget. Try Rockna Wavelight, it is about 4000.

Look at the new Sonnet, called the Pasithea. It is amazing. Then go on the ASR website and tell them you bought an R2R Dac and listen to them howl.

So disappointed, I thought this thread was going to be about R2R (as in reel-to-reel tape deck of which R2R is the common abbreviation) and I was interested to see which decks everyone had (mine is a Teac X300)! Sigh. LOL

Denafrips Terminator…love it. It slightly exceeded my budget but I thought it stomped on every other Dac I had listened to in the $2K-$3500 range (used), of course ymmv. also keep in mind your choice of connection can have a significant impact on some Dacs and your wallet. I slipped into the U$B cable rabbit hole and luckily was able to escape haha, I stayed with digital coax.