New arm for TW Acustic Raven one

Some advice ladies and gentlemen. I have used the Raven one, the earliest model by the company, since 2008 I believe. I have been using the Ortofon 309D tonearm for most of that time, a good partnership I think. It was recommended this by Thomas the tables designer, if I couldn't afford the Phantom, which I couldn't.

The Ortofon wasn't new when I bought it, now it is failing and the company no longer support maintenance on their arms. So what arm to get now.? I have retired, so am on a tight budget, putting most arms including TW Acustic's own, out of my reach. One answer would be to find a second hand Ortofon, but any other suggestions please, preferably one I can find second hand? Thanks

david12

Consider an Audiomods Series 6.  I currently use a 10.5" version on a Feickert Volare with great results.  It costs about $1700 direct from manufacturer in GB and IMO a great value at that price.  Jeff Spall is very responsive via email and will give you accurate information regarding orders and prospective delivery times.

Good luck!

Ran a 12” Raven arm for a while—nice arm, simple, great bearings, traditional look and feel. Not a fan of the anti-skate—positioned too close to the arm lift. Minor quibble. You may be able to find a 10.5” in your budget try Jeff at High Water Sound. Meant to go with your table. Now using an OL Conqueror MK4 on a different table so no A-B. That said, I like the OL better. Sound is amazing as is engineering and build quality. Like that it is hardwired from end to end with excellent cable. Bearing feel is unbelievable. The Illustrious is probably close for less coin. Good luck!

@david12

You might find a new old stock Ortofon arm if you look around the globe.

Also Jelco used to make 12" arms up until covid stopped production, and there are a few new ones still kicking around if you look.

Current production - best bargain in my view is the Audiomods VI from the uk.

They make to order for you.

I put one on a Platine Verdier and it was outstanding - and it is not expensive - less than half the price of the Raven for example.

I'd definitely call Jeff Catalano at High Water Sound. He's the US importer of all

TW Acustic gear. He is VERY resourceful in matching His tables and arms.

In addition , he's a really nice, down to earth guy. I'm sure he can set you up with a good mate for the Raven One. I have a Graham Phantom with my Raven One.

There may be some used Phantoms of similar vintage to your table.

212-608-8841.