Why Do You Post?

I come here to poke fun ONLY... No need for tech talk. AG could care less. I'm trying to draw the TROLLS out.. I'm bored.

This is what someone posted in an active thread.  I'm dumbfounded!

I come to Audiogon to learn and share information, keep abreast of audiophile happenings and to gain exposure or insight into music.  I thought I was in the majority camp of users, but based upon the above quote, could be I'm not.

128x128onhwy61

Can I replace "know-it-all" with "people with both the education and experience to confidently either state something as true or refute what someone else thinks is "knowledge" but is just an audiophile lore?

What is exposed in this particular post, is a lack of understanding or meaning, of this singular word ’lore’ - where the post pivots around the use of the word lore.

I feel like I'm fairly knowledgeable about music (I play music trivia at a local bar once a week) so whenever there's a post about music I might chime in with an opinion. I also like to tell a joke so if there's an opportunity for that, I might chime in there as well. I'm not all that knowledgeable on the technical side of components and telling people what I have and why I like it (except maybe for Magnepan imaging) seems kind of pointless because it's always up to the individual to figure out what they like. I'm kind of shocked at what people spend for stuff like cables which can only make a small improvement to the actual sound coming out of the speakers because I'm a "bang for the buck" shopper. I do also look for topics that everyone seems to be in agreement on as far as the quality of components and the only thing I've found so far that almost everybody seems to agree on is REL subs. So if I ever choose to buy another sub, it will likely be an REL sub. That about covers it.

In the beginning many years ago on other forums i posted about what i must bought and i try to inform myself about products...I was lucky in my study, i bought 2 Sansui Amplifiers and a dac and speakers at no cost almost... 😁😊

The Sansui was high end in 1978....it is good today, if not very good today ...Or if not good enough, to beat it will cost me a Berning ZOTL amplifier more costly or an Atmasphere amplifier more costly many times too ....I dont have the money but i discovered this marvellous fact: the S.Q. /price ratio modulo some acoustic and psycho acoustic science and experiments ... We can go very far with that...I did...

After some years and when i bought the right gear, i posted about "tweaks" and my 8 headphone modifications because i did not have money and i also wanted to improve my room /speakers sound...Without knowing how to do it...

Some help me with pointing the right direction : for example my experiments with springs...And sorbothane and other materials...

But i was sting by the virus of " listening experiments" slowly growing with few small success after another in my modifications course....

After many search in reading, someone mention the word "Helmholtz" the same guy who mention the springs to me...He was alas! banned now... 😁😊

I embarked then alone in my own journey in acoustic for 2 years non stop...

Now i am done, happy, after all this fun listening experiments and devices creations homemade at no cost...My dedicated audio room is my temple of joy...It is now only a listening room, i dont need much addons...

I come nowadays for only 2 reasons : reading some friends here, posting about ONLY one thing :

Dont upgrade BEFORE righfully embedding you system in his 3 working dimensions : mechanical, electrical and acoustical in particular...

I like also to post in the classical and jazz section and asian music section about musical choices among my near 10,000 cd and files...

I joined to learn.  There are some of us who are beginners and need help.  I personally think there are people who are very insecure and like to make fun of people.  I think it is in poor taste to intimidate others.  The first thing I think about is maybe they are a dealer or simply insecure.  It is easy to sit behind a monitor, drop your bombs and disappear.  This is why I think offering Zoom Meetings would allow us to connect a face, a voice with a name.  This to me would change the dynamics.

I find this entire forum to be a pit of vipers.
Such hostility and insolence is rampant in these pages and posts.

Some with good intent only fan the flames and seek to keep intact their internet fiefdom.

To date I have only found a few useful posts that were interlaced with neo political retorts and ad hominiem attacks. 

I have seen in these pages where a select group of people attack other mercilessly because they have a differing opinion or ideology. 

I am not a fan of ASR but the there are some here that are no better than that group or the folks at SH Forums.