Just my observation - seems like there is less listed on AG

Seems to me like there is less and less gear listed on audiogon... compared to USAM.  Anyone else notice this?

joey_v

@garebear

You think the AG fee is too much? It looks fair to me!

• 2% of Asking Price
  • No Transaction Fees
  • Easiest Way to Sell
  • No Fees After Sale

Restrictions of certain aspects of the sale and in particular the payment restrictions - it has honestly turned me off as a non dealer AG seller.  Usam is much simpler and has actually just about the same buyer draw.

I echo those who say it's not a good thing that Audiogon doesn't encourage contact with members.  I've met a great friend on here.  Also, I like having personal contact with buyers/sellers on transactions.  

In 1998, I made my first purchase here.  I was so nervous about an $800 transaction.  I spoke with the seller on the phone multiple times and it eased concerns.  

I have a couple items that I want to sell.  I'm going to try US Audio Mart this time.  

elliottbnewcombjr,

I have noticed the same problem in regards to obtaining contact information from members so we can invite each other over to listen to our systems.  If they are afraid members will by pass Audiogon to sell their items.  I also think it would be helpful to identify members who are dealers.  We could then understand their bias.  Wonder what the solution would be.  Perhaps, the solution would be to not allow dealers on Audiogon.  I sold an item on Audiogon and it was easy to work with.  There is a way to obtain phone numbers for members so we can talk to each other on the phone.  One other way would be to have Zoom Meetings once per month so we can verbally talk to each other.

All these sites have a purpose. I used AG , USAM, and e-bay. For the most part they all have saved me well.

The only bad experience was that the buyer received the product and told me that it wasn't working. After trouble shooting several times over the phone it turned out that he just didn't like the unit. I received the unit and bought it to the manufacturer .

As suspected they gave it a clean bill of health. However he lied to PayPal and I was canceled . PayPal not only paid him direct but held on to all my money in the account for 6 months.

With all these sites the more communication between the buyers and sellers you have a better chance of a mutual outcome. I have become Web friends with buyers and sellers.