Just my observation - seems like there is less listed on AG

Seems to me like there is less and less gear listed on audiogon... compared to USAM.  Anyone else notice this?

joey_v

it is pretty clear that a-gon has evolved its business model towards dealers and less price sensitive (read: selling fee sensitive) individuals who want to sell sell gear... it is not a bad way to segment the market of sellers... but buyers are still wanted and most welcome here, of all types (mostly individuals of course)

i still buy plenty of items here, ones from sellers listing items here, dealers and individuals (and some small manufacturers who list things here too)  ... so while i don’t list much for sale here anymore, a-gon still makes money when i spend money buying stuff here...

in any case, it is still smart for a-gon to maintain the forum and have eyeballs/participants...

I have been on Audiogon for nearly 23 years and it sure has changed. It seems to me that every time I am selling an item that the Moderators don't like my conversation and " Flag '' me for my conversations that I have with the buyer in which I am trying to complete my sale internally with the buyer. The fees imposed by Audiogon are just outrageous anymore ! You have to think about what price you want to try and sell your item for as you have to take into account all of the fees involved. I have seen a decline here in items and I do see more being listed on USAM. It is what it is as Audigon has just got to expensive for a simple audio guy who just wants to buy and sell his gear and have a good conversation wit the buyer and seller along the way. Sad to have been a witness to this demise over the past few years here as I did meet a lot of nice people along the way and learned a lot about this hobby. Stay well and safe.....
Post removed 

@garebear

You think the AG fee is too much? It looks fair to me!

• 2% of Asking Price
  • No Transaction Fees
  • Easiest Way to Sell
  • No Fees After Sale