Harbeth Comparison

I loved the Harbeth Super HL5s at the RMAF. Has anyone compared the HL5 with the Harbeth Monitor 30 and / or 40.1? I am very interested in adding a Harbeth to my system.
honeybee2012
The HL5 is an excellent speaker, but if you can't afford the 40.1, don't listen to it. I have compared them on the same system, and the 40.1 trumps them in every way, and as I said, the HL5 is an excellent speaker.
I've owned both the HL5s and the Monitor 30s and it really all depends with how they will click with your room. They both have a "family" sound - beautiful, natural vocals and sound good at moderate listening levels and at relatively close distances. IMO, the HL5s sound bigger, as the cabinets are bigger (makes sense)and the 30's a bit more precise, but not necessarily better. I would say that the HL5s are more tolerant of lesser associated equipment. Both are really great speakers. What is the rest of your system and what music do you mostly listen to?
The new 30.1 is an amazing speaker. Yes it is smaller than the C7es3 and costs quite a bit more than the c7 and even the super 5 but it is one amazing speaker. I'm not kidding when I say I lay awake at night thinking about how sweet it sounds. I would say imo that if you're room is the right size for it you should persue the 30.1. For my ears its the best they've ever produced hands down. They're going to sell a ton of these speakers once people start to hear them so of course used will come fast. Have a listen for yourself. I personally would choose the 30.1 over any of them. I own the C7es3 and have heard them all.