TEAC UD-701 vs NT-505 vs ?

I stream Quboz and Tidal via a Bluesound Vault 2. Vault transmits to Parasound JC2 to modded A21 to Vandersteen Quatro CTs. (See my profile for complete description of system.) Happy, really very happy, with Vault 2 but it is likely best point at which to upgrade my system.

Considering TEAC NT-505 ($2K) and new TEAC DAC/streamer UD-701 ($4K), which has some very attractive features: in-house-built discrete Delta-Sigma DAC with FPGA circuity, dual-mono signal path, four separate power supplies... Have seen enthusiastic reviews for NT-505 from owners here. Only one review by Moon Audio out about UD-701, and they are not an uninterested party. Curious if any out there have heard UD-701?

Open to other suggestions, including used with roughly $6K price ceiling. See TMR has used Aurender A-10s for sale. Used PS Audio Direct Wave DAC with bridge is another consideration, although I have seen owners comment negatively about the bridge.

Not wed to DAC/streamer combo but that has appeal to me because it eliminates a box, connecter, and power cord, all of which add to cost and connector makes signal path less direct.

Also not wed to SS but a tube DAC appears to me to introduce an additional source of distortion into my otherwise SS system, so it will then be affected by both SS and tube distortion.

Thoughts?

Bosssound

128x128bosssound

Thanks for pointer to this new Bryston unit. A swiss-army-knife of a DAC, like the Teac UD-701N. In roughly similar price point. Curious to read reviews from parties with greater disinterest and from users.

BR-20 thread here.  Also back up a level for the general Bryston threads

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172721.0

I only have experience with a couple of their products BDP Pi & BOT-1.  Their support is good.  Similar rep as say..PS Audio.   They even support discontinued products if they can , like my BDP Pi.   Their amplifier warranty is like 20 years.  Not sure if that would apply to a Pre.  If I had the  $  I would collapse my DAC,  Pre and streamer into that unit, so sanitary.   Kitchen remodel has me watching all the cool new sh!t from the sideline.

Since BR-20 is mash of BDA-3 DAC and BDP-3 streamer that provides very nice set-up for testing whether separate DAC and streamer are superior to integrated unit.

Maybe an Audiogon member somewhere has conducted that test and will chime in...

I think the Bryston is a preamplifier with a DAC, while the Teac is a DAC that can act as a preamplifier. In my books, 2 different types of products, depending on how you view a component's usage.

I think the Bryston is a preamplifier with a DAC, while the Teac is a DAC that can act as a preamplifier. In my books, 2 different types of products, depending on how you view a component's usage.

Yeah my Wadia 321 is a DAC with volume control.  It aint no pre-amp like the BR 20.  The BR also , as of this month, is A Roon ready endpoint as well as having its on streaming Web interface with Manic Moose.