Looking for a new (preowned OK) line stage under $5K: suggestions?

Considering upgrading my near vintage Classe Audio DR5 preamp, which I use as a line stage, for the following system:

Feickert Volare TT/Audimods 6 arm/Hanna ML cartridge, EAT Petit phono stage, Naim CD 5 disc player, Pass XA 25 amp, Joseph Audio Pulsar 2 Graphene speakers/Sound Anchor stands, Synergistic Research Foundation full loom.

Basically, looking to maximize dynamics as well as a touch more midrange bloom and dimensionality.  Slightly to warm side of neutral preferred over lean.

I'm thinking a tubed unit would work best, but I'd consider SS if it fits.

Also considering warmer cables, planning on swapping Xavfino's (Fusion) for the Synergistic's as a trial.

The basic issue is that the room is somewhat too "live" sounding, and my wife won't approve of room treatments (it's also a family room).

The system otherwise sounds great, and maybe within the described constraints, there's not much I can do effectively.

Input appreciated!

bobbydd

Maybe consider something like the Anthem STR preamp, which comes with room correction ("ARC"). This may be the way to go if your issues come from room effects that you cannot manage with treatments (although you still might want to try putting down a rug first).

Why not go with one of Pass Labs preamps for some synergy with your XA25 amp? I’m driving my XA30.8 with XP-12 and it sounds fantastic.

For warmer cables try Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference II.
I tried Synergistic and I found them veiled, not warm. 

I just had my Classe Five fully refurbished/upgraded, and this accomplished much of what you are looking for...

That's a nice list of goodies.

I would document what you are actually getting with a sound level meter and a test cd with individual frequency bands, then you know how much and which specific frequencies you need to 'tame'.

meter, tripod mount, put it ear level at listening position.

I use this Test CD, tracks 9-38 are 1/3rd octave from 25hz to 25k

If you cannot find it for a reasonable price, write me a message about it.

After charting what you are getting, you might find a different location and/or toe-in helps

I'm a big fan of level controls, both my main speakers (electrovoice drivers from 1956) and office (ar-2ax from 1967) have two level controls. Adjust the mid to the woofer, adjust the tweeter to the mid (interactive and l/r together, it ain't easy). Like yours, the quality/character of the sound is determined, only the relative volume is altered. After that, the character of the sound can be altered in small ways as you suggest, but I would not go at it without documenting what's what.

Not sure that colour coding the line stage is the way to go. Have you tried toeing in the speakers to where they cross just in front of your listening position?