Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@reubent I’ve streamed McMurtry’s music, including his latest, and have it on my want list. I think he’s great. Don’t think I’ve heard that live album. If I remember correctly there are a couple big fans of his around here. @slaw ​​​​@waltersalas maybe.

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet                                              

Maneige- Maneige 
Nick Mason - Fictitious Sports 

@spiritofradio  - The live album is excellent! Give it a quick stream if it's on your streaming service. I can vouch for the quality of the vinyl. It sounds great. Very intimate.

@reubent @spiritofradio 

I am indeed a huge fan of McMurtry, who I think is as good as any songwriter currently out there.

I agree his live albums are excellent, this one and Live in Europe from 2009. His studio albums are also great. You can find his new one, "The Horses and the Hounds," as well as "Childish Things" pretty easily on vinyl, both good pressings to my ears. Others are a little harder to find or pricier, and I do not believe the "Best of the Sugar Hill Years" has ever been released on vinyl, although I play it as much as any McMurtry I own and hope someday it will be.

Lucinda Williams used to write songs as indelible as McMurtry's, but she doesn't anymore. But McMurtry is as good as ever. If you get a chance to go see him, don't pass it up.