Inexpensive Good Vintage Turntables?

I'm considering buying a turntable again. I've been without one for going on 10 years. This time around, could you recommend some really good inexpensive models (prefer belt but DD OK, too). And carts (preferably modern) that will work with them? And who are good online sellers of restored models? I know very little about vintage turntables ...

greg7

@holmz I haven't had time to figure out how to use the audigon image insert.

I guess I'm not the first.

Thanks for watching this space.

"Just say no to DD."

Wow, as an owner of all types of drives I had to laugh at that moronic statement. There are plenty of vintage DD tables that still perform better than most of the junk sold today. It would take a hell of a good belt drive to match the drive motor in say a JVC QL-A7! About 3 to 4 hundred verses how many thousands? Lot's of thousands to come close to those specs. Just good powerful smooth delivery of music.

Just because your biased doesn't mean your right. Of course you could be British, they were duped to believe that kind of nonsense.

BillWojo

Just because your biased doesn't mean your right

Probably typed without a hint of irony.

Perhaps a vintage VPI. I own an HW-19 and I think parts for it are readily available as are upgrades. Plus, customer service is (or it was about 2 years ago) pretty responsive.