Axpona 2022

I attended the show yesterday. I did enjoyed it   My favorite room is the Nenuphar,room with silversmith Cables.I think they are using Pass labs or ayre gear sorry I can’t remember..For the first time magico Speakers And synergistic Cables impress me big time..Audiokinesis Plexi box speakers sounds are mimicking the nenuphar basis 26 k. The Piega room with Rose gears is amazing.

128x128jayctoy

@audition__audio wow..... I listened to the Acora speakers and only heard some brightness when in the recording otherwise very neutral and even sounding top to bottom IMO. 

Alta Audio Adams sounding very nice except there was a guy putting down other equipment saying how much better his evo? was than a nucleus. Why put down other manufacturers just explain the benefits of what you're promoting. Because of things like that I look elsewhere.

@audition__audio @roxy54 of course these immense Jubilees can play loud. Just look at them. But can they soundstage, image and have detail. You can’t tell any of that from what and how they are demoing them. Personally, I wish they had a smaller room with a pair of Forte IVs in them. 

@jayctoy Yes. I agree they are playing the Sonus Faber/Boulder combo too loud. I went in the Wilson Alexa V/Audio Research room and spent a good deal of time there. That is my favorite room so far. That setup to me, does everything well for my taste. The Sasha DAW/Moon room is nice. But can’t compare of course to the Alexa V, which is obvious. I still have to hit the Avant-garde room. 

I did really like the Synergistic Research room yesterday. I made a joke to them to take this show to Vegas because what they do with their gear is almost like magic. I can definitely hear the differences. I am impressed. 

The trio  avant-garde are sounding unbelievable, though the room is way to small.

@jayctoy I just came from the avant-garde room. Not my favorite room. I agree. The room is way too small. This was near field listening with a behemoth of a system. If this were in a bigger room like the Wilson Alexa V or better yet the Estelon room it would be great. The music was too loud. The soundstage was just unrealistically too big in the room they have it in on the 16th floor. They really should book a big room next year. So I am pretty much done with AXPONA now and I can say that IMO of the rooms I have been in for any significant time, the Wilson Alexa V/Audio Research room was my favorite. 

@