Tuner choice

I know no one is interested in tuners given streaming etc and on and on, but I moved to a place with some excellent radio stations and I think having a tuner would work for me. I got one for free from my brother, a 70s vintage Dynaco kit and it seemed to warm up over time without any repairs etc. although the light is out and gauge doesn’t seem to work. Muting is not functioning but once on a station it brings in some pleasant sound.
On the other hand, I see old units on eBay that are low cost, some say tested, mint condition, etc. so would it be worth a couple hundred dollars to have a different tuner? Or is the Dynakit not a bad vintage tuner and if it’s working, I’d be smart to stick with it? Any suggestions for replacements worth the change?

thanks

lynnj

Check out the website link.  The “shoot-out” tabs will give you a fine grounding on quality build FM tuners .

I have a fully professionally rebuilt / recapped / aligned PHILIPS 673 (USA model) that was an upgrade to my prior MAGNUM DYNALAB.With an external roof-mounted antenna , it’s near CD quality reception performance .

https://www.fmtunerinfo.com

Mitsubishi DA-F10 or DA-F20. About $200 on eBay. I have the DA-F10 in daily use here in the St.Pete, FL area. WUSF 89.7 FM has good NPR programming and All Night Jazz nightly!