Inexpensive Good Vintage Turntables?

I'm considering buying a turntable again. I've been without one for going on 10 years. This time around, could you recommend some really good inexpensive models (prefer belt but DD OK, too). And carts (preferably modern) that will work with them? And who are good online sellers of restored models? I know very little about vintage turntables ...

greg7

Thorens TD160 with all original parts will be a great start. The performance is superior to Technics1200.

I would look for a Linn LP12. All parts are available (better than original) and you can update it all the way to a contemporary Linn Klimax. 

There’s a chap @pbnaudio who sells restored Denon direct drives.

if you are keeping costs down find a Goldring Lenco and make ur own plinth Lencoheaven is a superb source for tech details and support

Belt drive turntables are easy in many ways because motors tend to be easy to source - so a Linn is always a solid choice. 

if ur in the UK I would source a Townshend Rock Elite. I have a few turntables but I find this addictive - there’s a guy called Matt McNulty - just Google him - very honest and knowledgeable.

The world is ur oyster my friend