Pass INT-25 better than Wilsenton R8?

I have recently purchased a Pass Labs INT-25. It replaced a Wilsenton R8 with NOS tubes (EL-34). I feel that the sound im getting from the Pass is not 5000.00 better. Has anyone purchased a INT-25 and not been blown away from the sound? I do thinkĀ  that the 25 has a wider soundstage.

128x128travisg
@avanti1960 that's a great example story about the "grilles off / going back on later" to help share differences with others of how sound truly changes from a brand new amp vs. a well broken in amp with 200-300hrs on it. Same story for past 20yrs with many of the pass amps, settling in, transformer warmup before doing critical listening.

I use an original version Schiit Freya with a newly acquired Pass XA25...both of 'em are virtually noiseless and sound astonishingly good (best I've heard in a home audio rig, ever...), and this combo is maybe $1,600 less expensive than an INT25. You have relatively sensitive speakers? You're in.

well, the tubed r8 may be a great amp for the money... but within its (generous) power envelope, the xa25 is a great amp, period, with no qualifications...

I'm wondering if I get the XA-25 and use my Belles Aria Integrated's pre- out into the XA-25...if that will sound as good as the INT-25.

I have had several PL products over the last few years, INT-60, INT-250, and the INT-25. To me the PL pieces sound better if you leave them on 24 hours a day.

Of the three mentioned, the INT-60 sounded the best. All were used with the same speakers, wires, etc.