Affordable GaN FET amp from Peachtree Audio

Peachtree Audio is offering a Beta Test program for their new GaN 1 amp (not to be confused with their GaN400) and it's being offered at a substantial discount ($1299 instead of $1999) just for being part of the Beta Test group. It has only one digital coax input and that's it. 200 Watts/channel, zero feedback, and no DAC since the GaN FETs handle that.

All the best,
Nonoise

128x128nonoise

There are a few obvious restrictions to its utility.

It only has one input, so that's what you need to be looking for.

It needs to be operated with a source unit (typically a streamer) with a variable output/volume control.

The source unit needs to have the right type of output socket to match the Peachtree unit.

So there's an obvious reason why they bundle it with the Bluesound unit.

cool concept (but not having a usb digital in is a miss imo)

mini gan 5 is only $750 at full retail though... very similar internals i would suspect

Yes, it only has one input, but, as they state in the description, you can always use the many inputs of the Bluesound or a similar device. I posted this as there's been lots of discussions of folk who's only interest is in streaming or CD playback and those who'd like to experience the sound of a GaN FET amp without the steep price of entry. Then, there's the purists who would like to forego the use of a DAC and hear the signal as intended (just amplified).

All the best,
Nonoise

I'm very intrigued and did sign up.  I'll be able to use my Rose 150B and easily switch between the GaN 1 (DAC less) and the XLR outs (via 9038 Pro).  I have several Class D amps (nCore, Purifi, Mini GaN5) that I can eval.

All my music listening in now streaming, so this should be a fun endeavor...