Doge (China to USA) Tariff

I really wanted to make a move to a Doge 7 Mk2 tube DAC. But the policy to charge a 25-percent import tax because of a multi year political game means I'll be looking for something else. The dollar amount comes to an extra $500 give or take. Nope, won't support a bloated tariff. Plus, add about $275 for international shipping and there is just no way.

swvaaudiofan

I have purchased a Doge 10 amp and two Denafrips DACs  .  There were no import duties on any of them.  I don't remember the details, but the paperwork on one of them indicated a value of $77.00.

These are all shipped direct from China and routed through Hong Kong airport.  

If I could get a pair of the Doge Mono amps I would do it but they're no longer available.

Life is short. Shorter than you think.

At this stage, my happiness has more value than a mental wrestling match, in a similar instance, I would have had when younger.

Depends on what you regard as the "good fight" I suppose.

We are always subject to be led by the nose by something or other.

Food, energy and shelter prices make me want to venture to the wood with bow and arrow. But it gets cold at night there.

As I recall, several forum members bought the Doge7 and I don’t recall anyone ever mentioning an extra duty on delivery.