“House” Character of Popular $20-$30k Speakers

I’ll be upgrading my speakers in a bit (after I add a turntable to my system). I’ve always thought that people two often end up attempting to correct or compensate for a quality they don’t like in one of their system components. My thought is that speakers and amps shouldn’t try to “correct” each other, but rather, they should complement each other, while sharing many similar qualities in their sonic signatures.

With that in mind, I’d describe my Gryphon Diablo 300 with the internal DAC (fed by an InnuOS Zenith MK3 streamer) as being rich, lively, engaging, slightly warm but moderately detailed, with dramatic dynamic swings that can often simulate a live sound. Smooth but energetic and engaging at the same time. My speakers I’ll be upgrading from are B&W 803 D2’s. Big full and bold sound but with finesse and moderate quickness too.

What brand of speakers would be along the lines of the sound I describe above? I’d be hoping to follow this sonic signature in my next speaker purchase, but adding some small capabilities with transparency and detail, imaging, and low end presence.

The speaker brands I have in mind to look into are:

-Magico (would check out the A5’s. I hear the A5’s could be too analytical for some, but have an excellent and clean bass presence.  Bust most rave about the A5)

-Sonus Faber (heard these are too relaxed for some?)

-Wilson Audio (if I can get over how they look)

-Monitor Audio

-Dynaudio: Maybe this brand could be a sweet spot?

-B&W: I’ve tested many and find them lacking in bass presence resulting in a mid forward style. That said the 802 D3’s I auditioned matched the sonic character of their upper ranges very well.

Would be interested in how others describe the house sounds if the brands above…

nyev

That is called chasing your tail - one component making up for another.  I hope you don't spend a lot of money, just to spend it all over again.

OP,

After decades of making audio choices I found that the best thing to do after a few minutes of critical listening. Just listen to the music… let it soak into your subconscious. Does it move you? Drop the jumping from one sound to another trying to memorize all the notable attributes. There is likely going to be a pull to certain components.

Took me years to figure this out for myself. Would not be surprised if it could help you.

Actually most of our intelligence comes from our subconscious… let it decide. Ultimately this is what is listening to music once you have your system at home… it is what connects with the music.

You should like the Wilson Benesch speakers. Extremely fast, effortless, organic, high resolution, makes the music accessible..

The highest tech speakers available. 

As you like the B + W sound and you have a larger room with high ceilings Id look at the PMC MB2Se.

"but adding some small capabilities with transparency and detail, imaging, and low end presence." This particular PMC will pick up transparency, detail and bass resolution over the B+W. I cant comment on the synergy or lack of with your kit. If there is a dealer nearby they are a great speaker likely a bit higher than your budget though.    

Several points : The first thing you need to clearly define what your speaker do today and that you want the new speaker to do as well. 
second you need to know well what your current speaker does not do and you would like the new speaker to be capable of.

Then you will probably do an analytical listening of the desired speakers to hear how they fit the bill . 
And last and most important as ghdprentice wrote you need to just listen to music forgetting your analytical analysis .

Does this speaker draw you into the music, does it provide emotional connection to the music .

It is manadatory to hear these speakers with your amplifier . 

As far as brand you will have as more advice as there is brand on earth as we have all different taste in what reproduced music should sound . 
Myself a long time ago I used to have bw 802n with ar tube gear and then while abroad bw 805d with ar tube gear .

For a few years I went to Martin Logan montis but I came back to the electrodynamic speaker as the electrostatic can’t provide enough dynamic .

I have auditioned the bw803d4 and I did purchased them .They have been in my system for 2 months . I am very happy with the sound quality . My room is 350square feet . 
I did also listened to the 801d4 ,they are fantastic .They have in my opinion excellent bass .

i did listened several time to the bw d3 série but never liked them . Much to hifi sounding . The d4 is just much more musical .