Roon

Here’s one person’s view on Roon, what’s yours?

https://youtu.be/YjSVtUcV6Yg - 5:34 - 10:00.

high-amp

@high-amp - yeah, but the Denafrips DACs definitely sound their best using an i2s connection, and using the Gaia allows me to use the clock sync from the DAC. 

The Sonore optical Rendu that I used before I got the Signature was the best bang-for-the-buck. The improvement to the Signature was pretty subtle, but I was using a linear power supply with the optical Rendu.

I also have an Auralic Vega G2 (in my bedroom system) and a bunch of Bluesound Node 2i boxes (used for background music in other rooms) connected to my network. It's great to be able to put multiple endpoints in a group and play the same music in different zones in my house. 

Roon is making it difficult to save Tidal and Qobuz albums.  When I try, it gives me a message that the album has been saved...but it hasn't.  Sometimes if I try multiple times, it saves.  Other times, it works if I switch to a different version of the same album--Tidal instead of Qobuz or vice versa for example.  Some albums are saved with no problems while others are impossible to save.  Others on the Roon message board report the same issue.  I hope Roon tech support reads these boards and fixed it!

@brownsf

if you didn’t realize it already, roon will show you all available ’versions’ of any album where they may come from different streamed or stored sources, and different resolutions available...

so take album x - let's say steely dan's ’aja’... if you have tidal and qobuz, and a ripped file in flac, if you pull up the album on roon there will be a ’versions’ button, click that, and it will show you at least 6-7 versions of 'aja' you have available to you:

aja - flac ripped on local drive/nas

aja - tidal redbook 44/16

aja - tidal h-r 192/24 mqa

aja - qobuz redbook 44/16

aja - qubuz hi res 96/24

and so on... i just made up this example above to illustrate the point

key is -- when you ask roon to ’save’ the album, it saves the specific version you are playing... so you need to specify which one you want... then -- other versions are NOT saved... follow?

hope that helps and clarifies...