CJ MF2200 or Threshold CAS-2?

I have owned each of these amps and used one or the other in my main system for many years. Though I have enjoyed them both, the time has come to part with one of the two, so I would appreciate inputs from the group on which I should keep. The prices they would each fetch are NOT a concern, but rather which is best for my current listening. That said, I have also dabbled with the thought of selling both and going with something completely different. The counterpoint is that retirement and having a smaller listening space leave me with less interest in experimentation than in my younger years. In addition to the amps, here is my current set up: Supratek Chardonnay tube preamp (has built in phono stage), Golden Ear Triton 7 speakers. Sources: Michell Gyro TT w/ Rega arm and Zyx cartridge (90% of listening), Revox A-77 R2R, Cambridge Audio CD. Eye candy: Mac MI-3 

Anyone care to weigh in with an opinion?

jmarki

which of the two would you choose if these were the only two options?

At low volumes I liked my Cj Solid state amp. They have a distinctive sound but mostly sound very nice and warm which is what I like. 

Agree with russ69, I had the MF2250 paired with Supratek Chenin and Revel M106 bookshelfs, and at low volume it delivered warmth, detail and soundstaging. Had it for 20 years.

Fast forward to present, I retired and bought Magico A3's and started listening at much louder levels since I'd been missing bass impact with the bookshelfs and now had it in spades with the Magico's. I blew up the Connie J playing at concert volume and replaced with Hegel H20, double the price of the MF2250. Better detail, more impact, more soundstage and a touch less warm but still not clinical.

New amp and new speakers re-kindled my listening enthusiam, I'd sell both and get somehing higher up the food chain -- don't let the music light dim! 

Richmon - Interesting idea I had not previously considered. If I were to follow your advice a) how much do you think the CJ and Threshold would each fetch and b) what power amp would you buy with the proceeds which you would consider an upgrade?

@jmarki ... guess I want to walk back by suggestion, being as the speakers and amp are partners, your speakers are already at the level of the amps you have and likely wouldn[t respond to an amp upgrade as much as mine did (I way upgraded my speakers, so way upgrading my amp was called for.).

I use audiogon classifieds, ebay and https://www.usaudiomart.com/ to see what others are getting for the equipement I'm looking to sell.

All the best.