PANGEA AUDIO AC 14SE MKII SIGNATURE POWER CABLE OR WHAT?

I'm looking to dabble a bit more with power cables and am looking at upgrading from my $35 Waudio power cable (Red 3.3 ft 10 AWG) and am leaning towards the $99 Pangea Audio AC 14SE MKII Signature power cable (1.5 meter) for use on my Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC with WE396A tube and Sparkos Labs op amps.

The Waudio power cable made a nice improvement for my Pathos Classic One MkIII, but I didn't really notice anything different with one on my DAC.  My plan is to repurpose the Waudio power cable to my Integra receiver.

What other power cords would be worth considering in a similar price range for a DAC?

mceljo

I'm going through a similar process right now as I need a power cord for a new phono preamp. I've currently got a Shunyata Venom power cord on a Denafrips Pontus II DAC and have previously listened to the following power cords: I might use the Shunyata power cord on the phono preamp if I find something else that works well on my DAC, use the new power cord on the phono preamp, or just buy a second Shunyata power cord.

Tripp-Lite Heavy Duty: $15
Shunyata Venom V14: $135
Audience F3 Forte: $150
Synergistic Research UEF Blue: $499
Audiophile AC Power Cable - WAudio 10AWG HiFi Power Cord 3.3FT 
Pangea AC-14

In the $100-150 price range, I think the Shunyata Venom is good, but your experience might vary depending on the DAC you're using it with. I've not tried an AC-14 SE yet but that's on my list to try next along with the Audioquest power cords in the same price range.

Pangea Audio AC-14XL MkII Power Cable with Cardas Copper-Audio Advisor

I was able to get this cable for $129 about 2 months ago. It was in a mail out book from AA. I asked 2 times about the price as it was in red and they honored it. ($179 normally)

I replaced the factory cable (it was a nice heavy cable for factory) on my CDT6000 Audiolab Transport. Right at the git go I did notice some differences, but that could be because it was just a different cable. I have given it time and can say there were positive differences that were pleasing.

I just replaced both power cables to my amplifiers. I went with Maze Audio out of Colorado. Both under $200 total. I will not pay $1000+ for any power cable. Bang for Buck??? I have 4 dedicated ac lines to my setup with one for each amplifier. I replaced 2 Transparent Audio Powerline Plus power cords. They have been in service for about 15 hours now. I have noticed considerable improvement in detail that I could hear before but are now more pronounced with vocals more separated. They are 10gauge cable with Krell Cryo plugs. I am cheap and I know it....don’t bother me. I also believe I get some damn good sound from my system. VTL300 with Maggie 3.7s based. Both cable changes were an improvement of satisfaction. When I upgrade my DAC I will get a Pangea cable or possibly another Maze Audio cable. I don’t believe a DAC needs 10 gauge or larger cable like an amp. 14 or 12gauge should be more than enough. The Pangea has the grip at equipment and wall they claim. Maze cords are very well made, also.

Not to argue with JB52 but I have experienced 1st hand that cables do make a difference. I did an upgrade to all Audio Art cables for IC/Digital/Speaker/jumpers with a definite SQ improvement. Again, I am cheap and went with middle of the line cables. Still Best Bang for the Buck rules my decisions. I can say I do know what natural instruments and electric effectors sound like from being a musician. I listen to a lot of different music. I am not the ultimate expert but really? who is? I have protected my hearing like....forever....no standing next to speakers at concerts to feel the music when I was younger as an example, etc. I like hearing! I love the sounds of nature outside my window....from the quiet drone of the hummingbird's wings to even the cricket's farting. ha!

@rickdoesaudio - Since you like Audio Art's IC/digital/speaker cables you might consider trying their power cables. I started out with their entry power cables several years ago and found them to be better than other cables I had tried within their relative price range. I gradually moved up the line and have Statement e2 Cryo, Power1 ePlus Cryo power cables in my main system; and Power 1SEs in my 2nd system.

@facten

I would love to go with either of these but I barely have that in all of my AA cables combined. (Statement E2 cables) They break the "never spend $1,000+ for a power cord rule." I am extremely satisfied with where I am at. The system is awesome (IMHO) My next upgrade wish is to move into an R2R Aries II DAC. I consider where I am in my audio world is the "6 feet under system" When death do us part............Now if they are up for a borrow?! :-) and I love your system bro