recommendation for phono pre amp and mc cartridge, around 1000$ each

i’m using well tempered classic tt and arm.
it’s not heavy arm, think between light to medium ,not sure.
i’m giving this info since i know that it’s important to cartridge match.
the phono should have at list up to 60 db, so i can use MCLO cartridge.
and have several loading and gain settings.

is there any advantage to a low output Mc compare to high, or mid?

not sure if this important but i am listening to variety kinds of music.
jazz, rock , classical

thanks to anyone that will help.

stone1

My favorite cartridge (and I tried many) on my Well Tempered Record Player was the Denon 103R. The conical stylus was a great match for the wandering azimuth of the WT arm. I added an arm wrap to raise the effective mass, which worked way better than adding mass at the head shell.

Back then I used a Jolida JD9 phono preamp which has more than enough gain and was well under $1000 even with all the mods I did along the way. I now use an E.A.T. E-Glo Petit which is better sounding in every way and has much easier gain/loading adjustments, and can be found just under $1000 if you're patient. There are a number of good phono preamps out there in that price range right now.

thank everyone for the tips.
armstrod
what is arm wrap ,and how do you get it?
i didn’t like so much wen tried adding mass at the head shell.
when you say:
"can be found just under $1000 if you’re patient"
you mean second hand online?
not everyone send to my country.
do you use the black arm which was an upgrade for the classic?

stone1,

Yes, my WT had the black carbon fiber arm. I used teflon plumbers tape for the arm wrap; if you do a little searching I know others have used different materials with success. It's pretty easy to apply if you take your time.

The E-Glo uses a FET front end and the tubes are the second gain stage. Under US$1000 would be the second hand price in the U.S., but I've seen them in other countries too. Here's a recent example:

https://www.2ememain.be/v/tv-hi-fi-video/tourne-disques/m1827696163-e-a-t-e-glo-petit

@stone1

I haven’t tried phono preamps in $1000 range (was in the $300-$500 range) other than my Sutherland KC Vibe MkII. Cartridge is Hana EL. I listen to the same styles of music as you do and this combo works great. You can go higher in the Hana line to ML I’m sure it would sound amazing.