Marantz SA-KI Ruby SACD Player

If anyone is still interested in the Ruby SACD Player Music Direct just got a shipment in and they are still priced at $2995. From what I was told they are brand new in box with full warranty. I ordered one and hope to receive it by Friday or Saturday. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up.   

rsfphil

rsfphil

Thank You for the follow up on SA-11S3 player.

Happy Listening!

I have a Ruby player. I have had it since July 2020, so about 20 months. Some things to note for new owners here. The player should be left ON all the time. The player automatically goes to Standby Mode after about 20 minutes of non use. Standby Mode keeps critical components on, mainly the ones that need long term temperature stabilization. The only reasons to ever turn the player OFF is to disconnect the unit from the system, or if you will be away from home for a long time.

My experience with break in was as follows: I noticed a small improvement after about a month of play. However I turned the player OFF at night initially. Once I began leaving the player ON and in Standby Mode I found a big improvement after one month, or thereabouts. It was not subtle.

Also, the player has what is called "Aging Mode" and you know the time of use on each laser. You can access Aging Mode:

(1)While holding down buttons "stop" and "open tray" simultaneously, press the power button to turn on the power.
The tray opens automatically.
(2) Insert a CD and press the "close tray" button to close the tray.
(wait until reading the disc.)
(3)Make sure that "Aging Mode" is displayed. Use the skip buttons to go to laser on time TB1 or TB2 then press play to get the time.

TB1 is the cd laser time and TB2 is the sacd laser time.

The Ruby is a great player!

sharri

Does this procedure of testing Laser time work on older Marantz players?

Happy Listening!