Audible Illusions M3B question

I month ago I decided to trade in my older AI Modulus 2 for a new M3B, sending in my money for a trade-in and have heard nothing since. My emails have gone without response, and phone calls to Jerry (described as service manager) are not answered and with no voice message ability--just rings. Needless to say, I am becoming worried that I've been scammed by these folks. Has anyone encountered similar issues? Any suggestions?
128x128aquaticdoc

My speaker is 6ohm 87dB, and on my MB3, the volume control always stays at past 10 o’clock. Most of times I set it to between 11 and 1 o’clock. So the high gain is not a problem for me.

I wonder whether C2500 would be a lateral move regarding the sound quality. I don’t miss a remote yet, so I will stay with M3B for a while. ;-)

Anyway, I like the sound of M3B a lot. It beats my Plinius M16 preamp easily. I use M16 in another setup for casual listening, and I also ordered a spare tubes for M3B from AI, so I hope I should be good for many more years to come.

Well here’s my story.  Had a 3a.  Asked about the trade in program for the 3B and was told I qualified and it would take 3-4 weeks to get my unit.  Paid in full up front. Well it took almost 6 months.  I have an acquaintance that waited 14 months for his line stage preamp from them.

Also, later ordered a set of new tubes from them.  Again, paid up front.  Told in stock and would ship within the week.  Took 3 months, and would have taken longer except I mentioned to Jerry I had posted on an audio forum about the issues I and others had had.  He was livid.  Tubes arrived the next week, and the office manager (a lady) refunded my money for the tubes.

i believe this is just an issue of them being a small company, getting older, and not wanting to give up the glory they once had.

Very sad, because their products are very good.  Their service is about as bad as service can get.

Their service was just as bad when they were located in California back in the late 90's, early 2000.