Anyone know how good MHDT Labs Paradisea DAC is?

There has been some talk on the net that it is a bit of a bargain. True or false?
raymondr
Hi guys
Let's cool it off. Normally I won't bother to respond to strong exchange of words. I ordered my Paradisea two weeks ago and received it 2 days later.
I wrote to the builder before buying but like many others, didn't receive any reply. Does that bother me? Yes, but did that stop me from ordering? No because it's only $500 and there are many rave reviews to back it up. I wanted to hear how good it is. Does the 3 layers of bubble wrap trouble me? Absolutely not. Would 4 be better - I don't see why. Most important is that the thing works and sounds great. Well, I will end here and enjoy the improvement in music brought about by this DAC.
Now Raymondr, if you are uncomfortable, please buy something else. Period.
I didn't get a response either. Yes it pissed me off at first. With all the buzz I couldn't resist! So I decided to give one a try anyway. Once I purchased a unit through eBay. It was much easier to contact the builder. I was able to order one for a friend buying it directly from the designer.

I take it he's trying to build his feedback and also doesn't want to get overloaded with orders as well. This way he can control the quality of his products.

As a side note, My buddy loves his and much prefers it to his Arcam($2600) player . The Arcam is now used to spin disc. A Monarchy DIP 48/96 feeds his Paradisea.
when I bought mine I asked several questions thru Ebay and each time got a response. I bought mine about 5 months ago and still love it ;) He also included 3 tubes instead of the usual 1 GE.

Tony
I have owned a Paradisea for several months now and am very pleased with it. Prefer it to a RAM modded BelCanto DAC2 and a Modwright modded CIA VDA1. A Monarchy 24/96 DIP improved the sound. I use plain old Blue Jeans digital cables on the Monarchy / Paradisea after having used DH Labs and VH Audio on the BelCanto. Stillpoints ERS cloth also helps with the Paradisea as does tube rolling (I use a Bendix 6385 which is hard to find).

For the money it's really tough to beat.
Stratosaur, interesting you should mention the DAC2; one of my favourite DACs. A few people have mentioned the Monarchy as being a good way to feed the Paradisea. I have tried the Monarchy Classic DIP into one of my earlier DACS and wasn't too impressed. Anyway, for me, Computer playback using empirical audio USB/SPDIF converter and SRC 24/96 upsample program is the way to go; startlingly good. Also, with regard to the Bendix, have you compared it to the recommended WE396A?