MY SONIC LAB Cartridges

I'm considering the Hyper Eminent for my Shindo/Altec setup. The table is a Kuzma Ref 2 and Ref 313 gimbaled bearing arm. My question only has to do with sonic flavor. I was going to go with a Koetsu Rosewood Sig, but as much as I love Koetsu, I think it will be too warmly balanced in my setup. So I'm looking for a slightly more neutral sound without  dipping in to brands that tend to hyper detail the event. I think many of us know what lines they are, so let's leave specific names out of this thread. Let's just say I'm looking for a more linear, dynamic sound, yet still retaining enough body. 
fjn04
i would like to know a dealer w top shelf Lyra, MSL and Koetsu mounted, ready to hear….

therein lies the confirmation bias…..rub…
Dover, Duraluminum is just one of the many compositions of aluminum, basically it's 2024. Commercially pure aluminum is very soft and weak, not useful for much of anything.
When I used to make parts for my racing motorcycles out of aluminum I would have to take into consideration all the factors that the part would be stressed to before choosing the proper alloy. My most used were 2024, 3003, 6061 and 7075.So strictly speaking we call anyone of those above alloys aluminum although they all have different chemical and physical properties. The main ingredient by far is still aluminum.
Is steel really steel? Even more confusing than aluminum for most people is steel composition. There are thousands of different recipes for the alloys of steel that are used around us. Careful selection for the application just like the aluminum alloys is required. And just like aluminum, heat treating can change the physical properties of the material drastically.
Being a machinist it's just one of the many facets of the trade that one must learn to become truly effective. It's also why I keep material handbooks in my library.

BillWojo

I'm late to the game (sorry), but I happenstance came across this discussion and thought I would add my two-cents.  

My experience with the MY Sonic Lab cartridges is limited to the Ultra Eminent EX.

It is so good that I have considered trading my new, in the unopened box Kuzma CAR 50 for another go-round with the Ultra Eminent EX.

Although I have not heard the Hyper Eminent, my hunch is the extra $1500 for the Ultra Eminent EX would be money well spent.

To be fair, the Kuzma CAR 50 is a superb cartridge and I have not compared it side-by-side with the Ultra Eminent EX.

I did, however, compare the Ultra Eminent EX against an upgraded Ampex ATR-102 playing the same music: one on tape (master copy), the other on vinyl.

The tape sounded better (of course), but the Ultra Eminent EX thoroughly impressed me.

I own the same table as you (my second one), but with the 4point 11" arm.

The Stabi Reference original and 2 (with the upgraded power supply) continue to keep my attention longer than anything else I have heard. . .

I've heard the Ultra EX as well. I think it is different enough from the Hyper, that one may like one or the other. But I don't know if one can come to a foregone conclusion that one is better than the other. I could have been happy with either. 

2/2 Oops...thought I had chimed back in to say I bought the Hyper, and realized I never did. I bought the Hyper. (-: