if someone can help me......

just got my cj 2500a back from conrad johnson,  i have an et3 se to mate with it.  new tyler accoustic speakers.  not getting the sound that i was hoping for.  was waiting to get a 2550se but are hard to find now to pair it with.  am i doing something wrong here.  i read where if the amps arent paired right you tend to get a vailed type sound and thats what im getting.  no umph at all and i have to turn it up real loud to get that.  (bass is almost nonexistent, maybe there is to much to break in) tried tube rolling, new wires, different speakers, speaker placement sound is still the same.  i know there is so many smart people on this site and i have learned a lot reading your thoughts on almost everything. so if i can get some help solving this i would really appreciate it i know its something simple, i sold my pv 12, but if i need to go back to an older model preamp let me know and what is the best one, thanks..........

kennesawjet

oddiofly, tried siemens, amprex, and a japan tube cant remember which, finally went back to the eh6922 that came with it......

had my alon II at 1st but they had no bass, went with the tylers and the same thing.

ruebent nad c546bee

russ, i have to put it on 61...

twoleftears, just got it back from cj remember...

You mentioned that you just got your MF2500A back from cj, what did they do ?

Meant to mention that the ET3 inverts polarity.....  you need  to make sure the speaker wire polarity is inverted at either the amp end or speaker end.  That could give you weak bass.