Which speakers should I get. $500-$1000

Some of you may scoff but I would like to find the best used speakers in the $500-$1000 range. I listen mostly to Jazz and Classical and I would like as full and pure of a range of sounds as possible. Thank you much for your suggestions. (PS: I live in the US)
karottos
For jazz and classical and on a budget, I'd look at used Maggies, but only recent models unless you're willing to rebuild them (easily done with the kit if you have the time). They offer a level of realism that other speakers in that price range don't.

The 1.6 QR might be a good choice, if you get one made within the last 10 years or so, after they switched to improved adhesives that don't degrade with time. They seem to go for about $1000.

Acoustats would be another strong possibility. They've held up amazingly well over the years.
For jazz and classical, I suggest a pair of Vandersteen 2CE signature. They are smooth sounding, easy to drive and pretty full range. But at the end, audio is 100% subjective hobby and it is best if you can test them yourself to see if they meet your taste.
I am pretty darn happy with my Sound Dynamic 300ti - 17 year old three way speakers that are nearly full range (down to roughly 38hz) and easy to drive (NAD C326BEE sounds terrific) paid $400.00 plus they rock pretty good.

these little guys hold their own