Which speakers should I get. $500-$1000

Some of you may scoff but I would like to find the best used speakers in the $500-$1000 range. I listen mostly to Jazz and Classical and I would like as full and pure of a range of sounds as possible. Thank you much for your suggestions. (PS: I live in the US)
karottos
Monitor speaker such as Totem Model 1 is great as full range for small rooms and does not require large power amp.
I scoff at those who scoff whoever they are. We really do need a little more information.
If you can buy Von Schweickerts VR2s then buy them. I don't see them on the used market but they were very good nuetral sounding speakers in my set up. I drove them with a small (40 WPC) tube amp and that was plenty, you may find them in your price range! Some of the old mid fi companies like Sony and Pioneeer are getting good press lately, but I haven't heard them myself. I did find the Pareadigms to be more than OK and was seriously considering their larger model but that was some time back.
For jazz and classical and on a budget, I'd look at used Maggies, but only recent models unless you're willing to rebuild them (easily done with the kit if you have the time). They offer a level of realism that other speakers in that price range don't.

The 1.6 QR might be a good choice, if you get one made within the last 10 years or so, after they switched to improved adhesives that don't degrade with time. They seem to go for about $1000.

Acoustats would be another strong possibility. They've held up amazingly well over the years.
For jazz and classical, I suggest a pair of Vandersteen 2CE signature. They are smooth sounding, easy to drive and pretty full range. But at the end, audio is 100% subjective hobby and it is best if you can test them yourself to see if they meet your taste.