The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa

I installed some SR Purple fuses 3 weeks ago. Sound is amazing. Refines the details between the notes. 

Anybody notice the SR Purples have a "tube"-like effect in SS gear? I’m using a Ferrum Oor+Hypsos headphone rig, which is extremely clean and transparent. When I put an older orange into the Hypsos power supply I heard more clarity, depth, and air. But when I popped in a brand new purple this afternoon I am hearing rich mids, holographic sound, and "glow". It is also noticeably darker, with a bigger, and more rounded bass.

So far I’m really liking it, but missing the sparkle of the orange a little bit. It honestly sounds like I added a tube input stage with NOS tubes to my SS amp.

I’m back with the SR Orange while the Purple sits in another piece of gear to burn in. I think way too much space is consumed on whether fuses change the sound, which they obviously do, and not enough on what kind of changes. My assumption has been that with each of these level ups the sound just gets "better" in a linear way, but with the Purple it seems also a lateral move as the tonal balance is changed so much. Right now the Purple is too mid and bottom heavy in my amp and dark on top. Somewhat like using Transparent Audio cables, but moreso. The vocals are incredible with their dynamic range, but also seem saturated with very tube-like harmonics and texture.

If you want a cheap fix to turn a thin SS amp into a tube sound, or tube amp even more gooey, this is it. As for me, I need my amp to sound nimble and open on top, so probably sticking with Orange unless a burn in miracle occurs.