Has the cost of HiFi gotten a bit too much?

I don't have any specific example but just from looking at it overall, it seems like high-end components prices have really risen more than inflation.  

Or may be it is must me?

andy2

I appreciate your comment, but honestly no. I would recommend with a economics class, follow with a couple finance classes… graduate level. Then a few years of following details of inflation, GDP, PMI, Fed moves… in this setting it ends up in a big waste of time. I (or I doubt anyone) can begin to enlighten lay folks in a few paragraph posts. Any assertion would be followed by pages of background and caveats… I would be spending hours researching an appropriate way to summarize.

I worked as the economic and strategic advisor to the CEO of a global high tech company. I have invested in the stock and bond market over the last thirty years. I spent years following stocks and economic indicators both professionally and personally. This is not a useful topic for an audio forum.

There is absolutely zero reason for the financial trail of evidence to be that complex.

It’s a purposely complexified fluffer box of smoke and mirrors. That much is obvious.

Regarding finance and monetary aspects of the Fed, it is as GWHB is reported to have said, "The truth? If the people knew the truth, we’d be hung off the nearest lamppost!"

the entire scope of the Jekyll island story (for lack of a better simple encompassing reference that can be researched and dug into) clearly illustrates that it is still a form of hard imperialism with oligarchs, as a running pack, that exist behind this wall of purposely obscured fluff around the dollar and world banks that serves as a cover for unrestricted oligarchy that is totally out of control.

The idea of democracy has just been a way of making the reins and tasps seem non existent, when in fact, it is deeply enforced for those who accidentally or purposely touch it’s edges and limits. With the current situation regarding covid and now the Ukraine, it is obvious to the trained mind, that it’s ass is sticking out and you can see the muscles and motions beneath the skin. It’s visible, for those who actually look. and it’s a very sick and sad feeling, to witness it, at best.

Or, completely sane and in total control, if you strip any aspect of human empathy and reason from the conversation and analysis.

If a person can’t explain the true fundamentals of what world finance and the US petro-dollar is to a 10 year old, a person is either lying or deeply misinformed or uninformed, or incapable of decoding the purposeful wall of fluff themselves.

Just my experience...... 🙂

FYI, it is a VERY useful topic for an audio form, for the reason that the discussion and thus the fundamental and important revelations for all, are not taking place anywhere else.

Akin to the idea of ’protest zones’ for the white house. Where one can protest, in a walled off box, in a small wooded area, some 10 miles out of town Unheard and unseen.

Where the system that is the problem, won’t have to deal with the public becoming informed by the existence of the protest and the conversation around the protest.

The forums (yes, in this case audio forums) are the only darned place left where the connected and concerned --- actually meet.

The rest is just controlled propaganda from different parties and players, like parasites fighting over what part of the host they get to control via their attempts to be hypnotically repetitive and Orwellian in their misinformation. Where in said major media.. individuals do their darnedest to hang on to their sense of comfort via the self hypnotic relfective that is their chosen set of foolishness to listen to. Like bad marriages/relationshsips that they don't possess the emotional will to separate themselves from.

Post removed 

aspiring toward a goal rather than whining about not having soming something?

this statement genius. We all must have goal dream vision execution unless we ultimate be unfill robot cog in large picture. No just bench press say to self I going bench press 250. No just go work to fix pipe but maybe think can I teach crew guy to fix pipe and I schedule and market and do book. Go get some somethin and lady flick to you when find rhythm and jacked.

Just an FYI, “audioman58 post has been reported as political by me. The only alarming thing is people actually agreeing with his stupid post. 

You should have just let it go. The problem, here.... is that.. in a fair and balanced estimate of what was said, probably 75-90% of the world, not just a near if not majority (recent polls) of the USA ...agree with most of his post.

The problem - is individualism.

The solution  - is individualism.

Both conditions are perfectly, impossibly, incontrovertibly- true.

Good luck to you all....

Post removed