Record Cleaning Machines

Has anyone out there done an A/B comparison of the cleaning results or efficacy using the Degritter ultra sonic record cleaning machine which operates at 120 kHz/300 watts and an ultrasonic cleaner that operates at 40 kHz/300 or 380 watts (e.g. Audio Desk; CleanerVinyl; the Kirmuss machine; etc.)?  I have a system I put together using CleanerVinyl equipment, a standard 40 kHz ultrasonic tank and a Knosti Disco-Antistat for final rinse.  I clean 3 records at a time and get great results.  Surface noise on well cared for records (only kind I have) is virtually totally eliminated, sound comes from a totally black background and audio performance is noticeably improved in every way.  Even though the Degritter only cleans 1 record at a time, it seems significantly easier to use, more compact and relatively quick, compared to the system I have now.  I'm wondering if the Degritter's 120 kHz is all that much more effective, if at all, in rendering better audio performance than the standard 40 kHz frequency.  I don't mind, at all, spending a little extra time cleaning my records if the audio results using the Degritter are not going to be any different.  I'm not inclined to spend three grand for a little more ease & convenience and to save a few minutes.  However, if I could be assured the Degritter would render better audio performance results, even relatively small improvements, that would be a whole other story.
oldaudiophile

@antinn , this paper is incredible! It has me rethinking a lot of things and looking at purchasing what would probably be a lifetime supply of industrial cleaners, lol.  

Could I ask, if you were to recommend an easy/fast version of your cleaning method, what would that look like? Would a one-step process, for example, even be possible?  Thanks in advance. 

@wavez,

One step, of course, its called a $3000 Degritter or maybe a $6000 Clearaudio Double Matrix Pro Sonic.  Convenience is expensive.  There is the ~$500 (w/shipping) Humminguru, but to get good results with it you need multiple steps.

As far as a manual cleaning process, there are the one-step record cleaning brushes that many people use, but that is not what the book is addressing.

A fast easy version is shown Figure 6.  You can skip the acid-wash if you want - but it can prevent you from getting the most out of the process.   But there are details described in Chapter V to make sure you get the results you can; otherwise you will attempt to do me death by a 1000 questions and I am just going to say - Read Chapter 3 on how to prepare the cleaning solutions and read Chapter 5 on how to use them.  The Devil is in the Details.  

Good Luck,

@oldaudiophile before you get too far down the road, you may want to buy a good USB microscope so you can see clearly down into the groove. Once you have that in place you will be able to visually see the differences between clearers as well as hear any difference. I did this several years ago, and it totally changed the way I clean records. 

So many cleaners do nothing more than clean the top surface of the LP and do little to nothing to really clean the groove, especially the bottom of the groove where all sorts of crap resides.