God doesn't need to know what time it is.

Value of anything is a most fascinating subject to me.

Eric Clapton hasn't owned this  Rolex Daytona for nearly 20 years. It 's probably been in storage since he dumped it and is expected to fetch north of $1.6M?

For that much I'd want his playing ability AND his stereo system.

tablejockey

It bring tear to my eye to hear such good example of why so many buy cheap watch and drive old car. I never understand why guy no work harder and try get ahead but it make sense some want nothing good.I think maybe that what make world go in circle. That thing moving like 25,000 mile per hour so move out the way I coming through.

Once again mijostyn shows his bon ami. 

As to Rolexes, they are both a cliche' and a marvel to behold. The steel versions (which in the hobby are ironically known as "tool watches") are made from harder steel than any other mass produced watch. And let it be known that despite their high resale prices they are mass produced. And yet, their movements are among the most reliable and advanced, particularly their newest movements. 

There are only three brands of watches that routinely go up in value despite being worn/used and they are Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, and yes, Rolex. Fact. And with A-P it is really only the Royal Oak model that can be counted on to appreciate in value. 

I only wear finest watch clothes and shoe. The girl pass to ground when I strut through same space as she.

What gets me is Rolex giving their fancy watches to professional golfers. As if wearing one during a competitive round would help! (Even if you're a slowpoke player and the officials have put you "on the clock," wouldn't this be the caddie's job?).
Beyond that, I find a watch an encumbrance and the notion of time oppressive. YMMV, but if so, my sympathies. As for the smarmy, Britgrease Rolex plugs on the golf broadcasts . . . spare me, life is too brief already.

"The problem with EC's playing from my perspective is I always seem to know which note comes next which for me makes him boring."

mijostyn-

I believe your intuition is reinforcing music harmony theory /science-why a  certain note just sounds "right" to our hearing.  Science and subjectivity that always gives me "wow" moments when I read the subject.

Eric's solo's  often does follow specific  scales/patterns any good guitarist has in his solo arsenal. How one puts it all together in any setting is the tough part.