Is it me? Will I ever be satisfied?

As we have become empty nesters, we put together or are putting together a nice dedicated two channel system consisting of B&W 804 D3, Levinson No. 333 ( this is an older amp 20+ years old), McIntosh C22 (just purchased) in which I have already upgraded the tubes, Linn Lp12 TT, Blue Sound for streaming.  I am using Transparent balanced cables and Transparent speaker cables - not sure of the exact model, but all Transparent cables are close to 20 years old as well.

My questions, while I think the system sounds good - even really good.  I don't think it sounds great.  I recently purchased the C22 to be used with the No. 333 which I replaced a McIntosh MA252, which i really like and use in another system, it didn't have enough power.  My room is our garage which we converted to a playroom years ago.  It is approximately 25' and 20' wide.  We sit about 12' from the speakers which are at one end of the room .. While I realize that this hobby or lifestyle can be never ending....  I am considering upgrading the cables next and last but not least, add a new Amp, McIntosh MC462 or MC312.

Wanted to get some feedback, thoughts, in site, advice what you experience, am I missing anything?  Thanks

goducks44

So many great suggestions, almost seems pointless to add more and pardon me if I am redundant in my suggestions but here goes.

The very first thing to do is play with speaker and listening position placements. Set that up first but after my second suggestion you should experiment with speaker location again to fine tune them.

Second thing is to begin to add sound treatments that will both absorb and diffuse the sound as it moves through the room. Your room is large enough to properly use diffusion. These panels need to be at least 6 feet from the listening position but more is better. They typically should be placed behind you but you can experiment. Bass traps in the corners are a great help and absorption panels on the side walls right in front of the speaker to absorb those first reflected sound waves is very important.

Make sure you have plenty of space behind the listening positioning and the speakers are well away from the front and side walls. The equilateral triangle positioning for speaker and main listening position is a great suggestion, but does not need to be exact. More important is to have the speakers away from the walls and your listening position away from the back wall. Make sure the side and front wall measurements to the speakers match each other, very important.

Next as many have suggested your DAC may or may not be an issue. Try taking it out and see if the sound improves. Use a record player or a CD player, but do not run them through the DAC. If music does sound better that way then you may have found the next item to upgrade. Finally I do not know if your amplifiers are a good match or not so call around to a number of dealers who sell your speakers and ask them for their recommendations. You might even drop the manufacturer an email and ask for their recommendation.

Once the above has been completed I believe you should be very happy.

Thank you all for the great input.  I really appreciate the time and input you all have given me. Truly an amazing group of friends and fellow enthusiasts!

Try other room. Maybe that fix problem. If that case you no you no have match problem. My guess you speaker not fit wall vibration  right 

I am very new to all of this less than 8 months in from Sonos.  I’ve has Sonus Faber, Focal, Utopias, JBL Synthesis, JM labs, Martin Logan and KEF reference. That’s just the speakers in 8 months. 
 I have tried MC2170 (I think), Mx130, c2500, mc302, MA352, emotiva xpa, Parasound and more. Most revelry I’ve been liking my Musical Fidelity m8xi super integrated now for sale with my Utopias. 

my rooms is large 20 wide 33 deep couch is about 12’ away too. My biggest thing is no combo of any of that sound amazing. I’m beginning to agree with some people that room and wall prep needs to happen to be impressed. Nothing sounds way better than the other. 

my emotiva and mx130 sound great in 2 ch.  when is it over?

Which level of Transparent cables?  Like any component, they can be a good match or not.  If it is old Super or Reference XL cables, look to use their upgrade program.