I miss my Loudness Button and Tone Controls....

So I recently upgraded my system to a Rogue Audio Sphinx integrated amplifier, V2.

Prior to this purchase I was using a NAD C162 preamp, and an Emotive UA-200 amplifier.

After a month of listening, I have to say, I miss the tone controls and the loudness feature on the old NAD pre-amp, especially when listening at lower volumes. The Rogue amp sounds great when played at a minimum of 50% of its output, but at lower volumes, it just seems flat. I do use a sub (SVS SB-2000 pro, and I'm using a very efficient speaker (Zu Audio DW's).

I've toyed with the idea of buying an EQ of some sort that has a bypass so that I can boost some of the frequencies when listening at lower volumes, and then bypass when I listening at higher volumes.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone experience anything similar? I'm about to pack and sell the Rogue amp, as the cons outweigh the pros for me.

barkeyzee1

I own a Sansui AU 7700 a vintage marvel with sound controls sophisticated in design ( my knowledgeable repairman said so repairing all amplifiers for all his life) an a three tone control and other features like a separated filtering system with three other buttons to filter at different Hertz scale...

Before Acoustic treatment and control of my room i used the tone controls with success... Not now after acoustic done right i dont use them at all... Only some filtering......

At any sound level all acoustic cues are optimal for me now in my room ...

Look for some low cost acoustic improvement...Not to a new costly amplifier....

Electronical equalization is most of the times a worse way acoustic solution instead of room acoustic done right...Especially when someone EQ each of his album... 😁😊 it is a symptom of acoustic defect of his room....Then he EQ each album because EQ is a plaster on a wound not a therapeutic...And most EQ choices apply to a restricted set of albums to compensate  for the speakers/room bad acoustical synergy... 

The newer Schitt Lokius has more bands and is a great EQ.  Pretty much a no brainer.

This problem should have been addressed before the purchase of the new amp.

Should have looked at amps with tone controls and loudness switch.

If you only stream look at the RME adi-2. RME has multiple presets for the EQ to choose from. It has a loudness button for time listening at low volume which boost bass/fullness and clarity. Has bass and treble buttons also balance all the above on the remote. Plus other things I’ve never taken the time to learn how to do.