Klipsch Forte IV ... what amp ?

No , I am not asking for a particular amp style and brand here . Although I am not refusing any suggestions either !

What I would like to know first is what characteristics to look for in an amp to drive these speakers (Forte 4’s) to full performance .

Such characteristics as :

1.) What is needed to handle the low impedance of 4 ohms ?

2.) While the sensitivity is listed at 99 dbs. it is considered to be closer to @ 96 dbs,

3.) What about negative feedback ?

4.) Will the 12" woofer and 15 " rear radiator need special attention also ?

5.) Do the horns require special consideration ?

I feel that these considerations will go further to getting it right than , " hey , just get a tube amp and enjoy " .

Thank you & Be Safe .

saki70

If you mean the present setup ... it is quite good . We could easily live with it .

But... I don't think that I am allowed into this hobby without trying something

else . Always looking for something better , you know !

I am trying to keep our audio prejudices out of this discussion so as not to

taint the desired answers .

Thank you

I don't think that I am allowed into this hobby without trying something

else

The grass isn't always greener across the street. 

Saki70, I had two Prima Luna preamps - a Prologue and then traded up to the Dialogue Premium.

Ended up deciding that they were just not lively enough in my system with the Thiels and sold the Dialogue.

The interesting thing is that I was in an audio store listening to Dali speakers and a solid state amp about a month ago and I asked to hear the speakers with a Prima Luna EVO 300 or 400.

I was amazed at how similar the amp sounded to my old Dialogue preamp. For me, PL gives me the spit on the microphone but not the sizzle as as the spit hits the mike. My ears and my gear - YMMV.

My only point is that you owe it to yourself to listen to as many amps/preamps as you can. Different brands do not sound alike.I am fortunate to live in the Indianapolis area and there is a high end dealer that puts up with me and has let me audition used gear in my home. Hopefully, you can find a place like that where you are.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper

The main thing that is worrying us is the low impedance and what requirements

a tube amp would need to handle it .

Thank you 

For me, PL gives me the spit on the microphone but not the sizzle as as the spit hits the mike.

Try some Gold Lyon KT88s.