Looking for pure copper or Cu/Au bananas

Hello friends,

Trying to order a new set of DIY speaker cables. I have most of the connectors but need to order two pairs to replace bad Furutech bananas.

The requirements:

• Solid copper or gold over copper. Absolutely NO brass core.
  • Screw down wire connections.  No soldering
  • Either fully insulated or easy to insulate, so nothing with a metal housing.
  • Less than $80

Suggestions?

erik_squires

@rsf507 Honestly after examining the construction and design I don’t want to replace them. The bananas closed are pretty small and if you open them too much they permanently deform. My WBT locking bananas are a much much better design, but at $180 I don’t really want to buy another set.

The Furutech bananas have also been with me for a while.  I've put up knowing they were there, but now as my listening room starts to be completed I'm cleaning up loose ends, figuratively and literally.  I've got old zip wire I'm replacing with Mogami speaker cable and getting ready for all of the DIY work that comes with that.

Copper has poor mechanical properties and that is why they added some tin to copper to make brass. Then they are left bare or plated over a copper flash plating. Why you no like brass?