Qobuz/Tidal Differences

For those who have both, can you point me in the direction of some tracks that, in your opinion, shows the differences in the sound quality between the two streaming services?

I read constantly of folks who point out one is better than the other but IMO I think they both sound pretty similar.  So I kind of want to test my hearing.  

Please help.

Thanks.

128x128audiodwebe

I've had both services simultaneously and noticed two differences:

1. Catalog
  2. Sonic differences

Overall I found more music I like listening to on Tidal.  I did notice Quboz had a plethora of versions of some songs (high def if you will, remasters, live, etc.).

I felt there was some harshness impacting high frequencies on some of the music I listened to on Quboz - could have been the specific recordings.

I have Tidal at a discount as part of my Plex subscription so I chose to go with Tidal.

Catalog drove my decision.

Technically I found them to be the same.  

Catalog, I found more variety on Qobuz.   You can find more Rap on Tidal.

I got tried of every time I fired up Tidal I got a message "wouldn't you enjoy listening to some JayZ?" (who owns Tidal)  when I have never played a single JayZ song in my life..

Jerry

Qobuz is warmer-sounding. Tidal is cooler. Imaging, soundstaging & clarity are about the same. To me, though, the important thing is that they have different tastes. If you want to hear Classical (and I do), you got to go with Qobuz.