Most beautiful turntable under $5k

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but thought this might be a fun topic. Obviously the most important thing about audio gear is how it sounds, but I find some of it truly beautiful to look at too, particularly turntables, which almost by necessity are best placed somewhere on display. Some days I love the simplicity of something like the Clearaudio Concept Wood (particularly the dark wood)….other days the “audio jewelry” appearance of EAT or VPI. My personal vote, however, would go to the Gold Note Pianosa. For me it has a timeless beauty and elegance that’s never over the top. I can’t imagine ever tiring of looking at in and think it would look great with a wide array of decor.

What would be your personal choice for most beautiful turntable under $5k? What about cost-no-object options?

ethos123

The now vintage Danish Bang and Olufsen 4000 turntable. It was on display in New York’s Museum of Modern Art from 1978-?. In addition to its sleek, slim design it had one of the earliest B&O patented moving iron cartridges, plus tangental straight arm tracking that mimicked the way record cutting machines tracked.

Bought one when in the service back then and couldn’t believe it when I saw it at the MOMA when home in NY on leave. Might have cost somewhere around a $1000 back then, but can’t really remember. That was two-three months pay for a private first class, but a great investment. Used it until three years ago when I couldn’t fix it anymore, even with a second parts machine to salvage from. It was a beauty and kept on display at home on a slab of marble on an antique cabinet. I loved that thing.

Beogram 4000: the simple and striking beauty of Jensen’s design influenced all others that followed

VPI Classic 3 - although there may be naysayers on the unipivot arm, the black glass body with 5" aluminum platter and those imposing footers, perfectly proportioned, balanced, heavy and plays brilliantly - getting them in great shape used for under $4K !!