Aurender A-10

I am thinking of buying aurender A-10, any one has positive or negative issues with this unit.

Ag insider logo xs@2xbernardwilliams

I own an Aurender N100 and W20SE, and have auditioned the N10. Outstanding streamers, all of them. Before this I had a Aurlic Aries G2 and streamed out of every non-dedicated streamer possible. I highly recommend Aurender. 

Integrated Streamer and DAC is a personal choice on home space and long termed goals of your system. If integrated is the way you want to go, I certainly recommend it.

I owned an A10 for a few years. Model getting long in the tooth. Hard drive failure in my unit 

sounds good but not nearly as detailed as a Lumin T-2  Depending on your system the Lumin could get fatiguing over time

If you can live without an internal HD the Cary 650 might fit the bill.  Sounds much better than an A10 and with no fatigue. I had a Cary 600 and now own a Cary 700. 

Cary fixed a few software glitches and is solid as rock

@bernardwilliams 

Another Aurender fan here.  I have (or had) the N100H, N200, N10, N20, and A10. I am listening to the A10 right now. 

To answer your questions, I’ve had no negative issues with the A10. I am a huge fan of the Conductor software for controlling these units. All of my experiences have been rock solid. Some other streamers I’ve had occasionally stop working maybe due to a network dropout or something, but this doesn’t happen with my Aurender devices. 

Whether the A10 is for you depends on your system and expectations. It is a very simple solution, especially if you value Tidal’s MQA. As for sound character, it is easy to listen to for long periods. Not the greatest with respect to sound stage and imaging, (compared to my Tambaqui for example) but still a very very nice listen. 

Very low risk if you are willing to buy used and sell it if you find it’s not for you. 

Good luck!

I just bought an A10 a month ago

Love the sound streaming. Then again my go to is vinyl

When I bought it they told me they were coming out with all new models in April do to chip shortages.  A15? A bit more expensive but shows the album artwork

You might get a nice price on an A10 in the transition like I did