Grounding cable gauge size

For those of you using external grounding source devices, units such as Entreq, Nordost, Synergistic, etc. What size wire gauge seems to work the best?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

bugrIedmachine.

I wonder if I ran a ground wire from the AC outlet ground to my Entreq with the signal grounds, would be a good thing?

ozzy

I would think that would bypass the Entreq altogether and go straight to ground. I think as an experiment you might find direct to the ground in the outlet would be better than the Entreq.

I made an adapter from a spare male plug and attached a banana jack to the back side with only a wire from it to the ground pin of the Furutech male wall plug so I only connected the banana to ground via the plug. Then I could stack up plugs to experiment with. Now I use my new black ground box instead going to earth and a copper rod instead.

I believe Entreq's and other boxes are full of stuff simulating earth because most folks don't have the acumen to mess with wires and ground rods and wall outlets.

Ok thought I should share that I made 2 6x6 grounding boxes for my modest system. $80-$100 investment. Lined boxes with copper plates, 45% rock salt, 45% horticulture charcoal , 10% crushed tourmaline. One is hooked up to my power conditioner chassis nut ground and phono preamp chassis ground plugged into wall outlet ground. Second one just connected to my Goldenear Triton Towers with sub amps built in. Wow what a dramatic improvement connecting a ground box to the speaker neg banana plugs. Tried connecting one to my tube amp with no improvement. Amazing hearing the clarity, percussion, organ, and rhythm section in he background stand out. Many where hidden in the background prior. These grounding tweaks really make a noticeable improvement. I am shocked!

Are you connecting to the negative terminal of the speakers only with a standalone box for "passive' absorption? If powered speakers, I would guess you cannot connect the neg terminal to a ground of a duplex?

I connected basic 16ga copper strand wire to the neg terminal on each speaker only to the standalone box. Speakers have class D sub amps built in not fully powered speakers. Plan to try NPS1260, wire and connector upgrades to see if it improves.