I need a subwoofer recomendation

I've got a couple KEF Q900's powered by a Yaquin tube amp and primarily play records. I'm looking for a sub that might also work for movies down the road if I ever put together a surround system. The sub needs to have speaker level inputs and I'm looking to spend $500-$700. My room is 20x20 with a vaulted ceiling and hard surfaces. I've been looking at the HSU VTF-2 Mk5 and the SVS SB-1000 and SB-1000 pro. Is there anything else I should be considering?

On a separate note, if I head down the surround system path, I was thinking of starting with the KEF Q250 or Q650 center speaker to start. Is there something other than KEF I should be looking at that would be a decent match with my Q900's?

jimfoto

If you can stretch you budget a little, Omega subs are great and they look great too 

We have trade in velodyne dd12 list is 5k trade in 800

Offers compurixed tuning via dsp control boxand mic

A classic way better sound then a cheap sub 1 owner we can ship we used to sell these new outperforms a 5000 jl fathom f113we can shiphttps://www.soundandvision.com/content/velodyne-digital-drive-dd-12-subwoofer-specifications

https://soundapproach.com/velodyne-dd-12-digital-drive-series-subwoofer.html 

DAVE and Troy

Audio intellect nj

The Hsu vtf15 is a great theater sub, his hard rumbles and is great for movies. Music didn't use much but. Seemed to stick out in the music. Now  I have rythmik 12inch fs12, using with 1.6 Maggie's and it integrates very nicely. Quick bass clear precise but has no boom boom which is perfect for me just mixes in great. Also wife just dances and never complains with rythmik, but hsu all time turn it down.

Now for theater have no idea what the rythmik will do but it's nothing like svs or hsu. It is just great bass.

There’s the seldom mentioned Sunfire XTEQ, 8,10, or 12 on the used market…they have EQ and run well in tandem if you end up with 2. Yes this is what I have, and I haven’t compared many, just something else to consider.