Anything SS sounds better than D'Agostino ?

I never heard his amps, but some writers say just that - nothing transistor sounds better.
What do you think ? 
I listened on youtube a few systems with D'Agostino amps and preamps and liked a lot what I heard.

inna

If you have heard D’Ag gear, it is good, but it is also one of the products that is designed for the a’phile who uses his eyes possibly more than his ears alone.

Price aside, I wouldn’t consider the gear based on the looks. It looks ugly to me. I have no idea how it sounds like though.

nothing can come close to a (insert ANY) amp is a BS statement.

when you hit the stratosphere it‘s a matter of choice..

D'Agostino amps are some of the best equipment out there.  Regardless of whether they are solid state or tube.  

To say that tube amps are best is not correct.  To say that solid state amps are best is not correct either.  

A great tube amp is just that, same for a great solid state amp.

Basically a great amp for your speakers regardless of solid state or tube is the issue.  

Just like the classic judgement in Paris in the 70s for wine.  hide the equipment and play recordings.  See if people  really can tell if it is tube or solid state.  and also judge if one is better than the other.  

if it sounds great.  that's it.

enjoy

I’ll never buy anything from D'agostino. Below is a copy and paste from his facebook site, 06/04/2021. I don’t care about his politics, I do care about the way he would potentially treat a significant subset of his customers that might have a different opinion. Prime example of narcissistic personality disorder.

"I am closing my face book account

Patriots unite close your account

No Trump no face book

Goodbye to all"

Never signed up for Facebook. Waste of time. I dont know what Trump has to do with Facebook. Some on it like him and some hate him. I wouldn’t let those statements by D’Agostino influence me on whether or not to buy his gear. If I LISTENED TO IT and liked it and thought it represented good value versus other options, I’d buy it.

i would bet most boutique audio equipment designers/manufacturers are either independent or liberal to some degree. Disqualifying them for that is a mistake.