Feel free to talk me off the ledge

Just picked up my new Rogue RP-1 from a dealer. That coupled with my Rogue Atlas, then to my Klipsch Heresy IV's with an SVS PB2000 pro has me over the moon right now. But funny thing happened at the dealer.. I couldn't help myself, I listened to some other speakers. I'm an idiot, a glutton, a fool. As you can imagine I'm now about a third the way down the rabbit hole. 

At the dealer I was enchanted by a pair of Golden ear BRX monitors, they were so sweet, airy and open. Can't stop thinking about them.

Now I'm looking at:

Paradigm founder 80F

Tyler Time Keepers

The Golden Ear BRX

Vandersteen's among others..

Am I nuts? should I join a support group (other than the other one I'm already in) ?

Feedback always appreciated 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

Your Heresys and the BRX both have upper range drivers with broader lateral and minimal vertical directionality.  Try a speaker with more evenly dispersed mid and treble energy if you want to experience a really different sonic presentation.  The Paradigms should do that, as do Revels, Totems, and many others.  The real exemplar of this idea are the Ohm models.  Your Rogue electronics should serve you well with any of these, up to a point. 

I got lucky and found a set of speakers at a garage sale that blew away anything I had previously heard.  They are Dahlquist M909 towers from the 80s.  I had no idea old speakers could sound that good.  The previous owner's wife wanted them out of the house because they were too big, but they look great in my room.  It cured my upgraditis.  I am sure there are better speakers out there, but I am also sure that they cost more than I can afford.

lol!

Thank you everyone, I can always count on each of you to give me opinions and suggestions that make me seriously think and explore. I have resolved to go another direction than the Klipsch. As pretty as they are, and as dynamic as they are, I feel some fatigue while listening. I am going to do my legwork, take my time. ProAc, Volti, Golden Ear, Paradigm Founder, and Vandersteen are on my list, as are the Tyler Time Keepers. What I think did it for me was I swapped in my old TDL compact monitors. While not nearly as dynamic, and loud as the Heresy's, they were kinder and sweeter to my ears. Perhaps it's my age, but peeling back my earlobes isn't as fun as it was.