Feel free to talk me off the ledge

Just picked up my new Rogue RP-1 from a dealer. That coupled with my Rogue Atlas, then to my Klipsch Heresy IV's with an SVS PB2000 pro has me over the moon right now. But funny thing happened at the dealer.. I couldn't help myself, I listened to some other speakers. I'm an idiot, a glutton, a fool. As you can imagine I'm now about a third the way down the rabbit hole. 

At the dealer I was enchanted by a pair of Golden ear BRX monitors, they were so sweet, airy and open. Can't stop thinking about them.

Now I'm looking at:

Paradigm founder 80F

Tyler Time Keepers

The Golden Ear BRX

Vandersteen's among others..

Am I nuts? should I join a support group (other than the other one I'm already in) ?

Feedback always appreciated 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xdoyle3433

Agree w/ 1piece! I recently bought the Volti Audio Rivals -outstanding! They sound so alive, clear, detailed dynamic without any harshness. Between them & my new Innuos Zenith streamer, I have had many late nights!!! I recommend anyone in the market for new speakers between $6 - $20K should try to listen to the Volti Razz or Rivals. Great sound for the $!

There are some good tips posted above, as well as some fun thoughts. Have to say you're killing me telling me how nice those BRXs are. I'm dying to listen but don't need them... ugh. I suspect them to be an incredible bargain for sound $. Those and your 2000Pro would be great in the right room.

I sincerely believe speakers are the single most important, critical, and expensive component of any well-assembled audio reproduction system. Finding the type of speaker is first (box, planar, horn, combos, etc.). Narrowing down the sound is next and in the box speaker category alone there are plenty of house sounds, yin to yang.

Some folks desired sound my change over time (I moved from older ML electrostatics to Dynaudio to Raidho) but the sooner it settles for you, the sooner you can move up to a great speaker in it's class.

Research and listen, repeat, and repeat. As someone posted, you'll be far happier with your purchase in the end if you listen to a lot first. Do your best and good luck.

Heck with all the great reviews for the GoldenEar BRX speakers (other than the guys at Audio Science Review I may get a set of these to try.

What the heck $1600.00 and if you do not like them return the.

Will the smoke my QLN's?

I doubt it but maybe. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Your Heresys and the BRX both have upper range drivers with broader lateral and minimal vertical directionality.  Try a speaker with more evenly dispersed mid and treble energy if you want to experience a really different sonic presentation.  The Paradigms should do that, as do Revels, Totems, and many others.  The real exemplar of this idea are the Ohm models.  Your Rogue electronics should serve you well with any of these, up to a point.