King Crimson

The only knowledge I had of King Crimson was my first LP bought self titled Bad Company, and reading the bass player Boz came from Crimson. Fast forwarded 50 years and I am now hearing for the first time "in the court of the Crimson King". I know I wouldn't have liked what I love today, when I was 13. Amazing players and composers! Court is not dismissed, please remain seated. 

voodoolounge

I was fortunate enough to be in the audience at the West Palm Beach Motor Speedway in Oct. 1969, where the original KC performed a set each of the 3 nights.  Fripp, Lake, MacDonald and I think Giles on drums.  They were brilliant and delivered a live sound very close to what you hear on "CotCK", with the mellotron amped through Leslie speakers.  Other acts that impressed were many...Spirit did most of "Sardonicus", Rotary Connection with Minnie Ripperton, Pacific Gas & Electric was tremendous, Johnnie Winter jamming with Janis Joplin backed up by Vanilla Fudge, swilling Southern Comfort all the while.  The last performer...the Stones during the "YaYas tour.  Almost anti-climactic in the near freezing wee hours of Monday AM.

Back when Greg Lake was in the band before Emerson Lake and Palmer, I missed King Crimson as well but I don’t miss ELP!