Butcher Block Acoustics - What have they been up to?

I was getting ready to order from their site but much of what I want is out of stock.

Just wondering if anyone has interacted with them recently or has any background.  I thought maybe they were getting ready to introduce new products and were closing out the previous lines.

erik_squires
Post removed 

Butcher Block sounds like quality control issues.

The rack itself had no QC issues at all and came obsessively packed.  It was more about the difficulties in unpacking and recycling the materials.

I would say that you should be happy for the extra attention in packing the unit safely. I wince just about every time that I send a unit off to shipping. The abuse can be overwhelming. Too much tape is a pain though. It is more about the materials used for packing IME.

I am glad the parts arrived safely, I just wonder if they are missing pre-fab inserts which could save them a lot of time, or if they couldn’t make the packaging easier to open and recycle. Of course, I only nit pick like this because I’m an audiophile.

The packing material was an odd assortment of re-used cardboard, home made corner reinforcements and machine cut open cell parts and bubble wrap, and lots and lots of tape holding it all together.